Generally, a visitor need not register or give any personal identification to use this site. No software or hardware techniques are employed to capture a visitor's e-mail address or other personally identifiable information.
We only collect identifiable personal information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by a user to us. A visitor may choose to become a user and provide information to register for ordering goods or services, being informed, or to apply for a job, for example. When a user provides this type of identifiable information to us, we use it solely for the purposes for which it was provided and secure your information as required by German Law. The user may at any time revoke his consent to the processing of personal data; Olympus will take all necessary measures to ensure that such a request is immediately carried out. Should you have questions or concerns however, feel free to direct these to our Data Privacy Officer at DataPrivacy@Olympus-Europa.com.
Here are our core principles on Personal Data Privacy which apply for Olympus Europe internet activities:
- Olympus will use your information solely for the purpose for which it was provided, given your allowance.
- We will only use and disclose your information in accordance with your permission.
- We do not collect, process or store personal data of infants, minors or persons without capacity to contract, unless the respective legal guardian has consented.
- We let you change your information so that you can keep it up to date.
- We do not give your personally identifiable information to advertisers.
- We will not sell or rent your private information to third parties.
- We use secure technology and privacy protection programs to keep your information secure at any time on our servers.
Communication and Tracking (Cookies)
January 1, 2008
Data Privacy Officer